OUR MISSIONThe mission of our school is dedicated to the growth of each student in a supportive environment that challenges the intellect, develops the body, and fosters moral values.
OUR PHILOSOPHYMillwood believes that each child is unique and that no two children learn in exactly the same way.
OUR VISIONMillwood School produces accomplished, well-rounded, and resourceful graduates, who measure up to their potential, lead principled lives, and strive to make the world a better place.
We believe in:
- A sustained commitment to academic excellence
- Small classes and instruction that maximizes student potential
- A richly-textured curriculum that includes world languages, technology, art, drama
- Building a genuine sense of community among Millwood parents, students, and faculty
- Encouraging the exploratory spirit that leads to successful creativity and a lifelong love of learning
- Preparing students to speak confidently in front of groups
- Open and responsive communication with families
- Frequent opportunities for students to develop leadership skills
- The personal growth that comes from health athletic endeavors. Our sports teams are available to every eligible student who wishes to join.
- Providing dedicated faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees
- Shaping people of character by upholding high standards of honestly, integrity, and mutual respect. The Millwood Big Ten is the code we use to practice values every day.
- Admitting and serving qualified students of any race, religion, and national or ethnic origin
- Providing a healthy environment while promoting environmental sustainability education and practices
THE “BIG TEN” — MILLWOOD STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
As a Millwood student, I will be a positive role model by:
- Striving for excellence in scholarship, leadership, and sportsmanship.
- Taking pride in my personal appearance and following the dress code.
- Striving for acceptable, healthful, and positive behaviors.
- Listening while others speak.
- Taking pride in Millwood School.
- Doing my best to bring honor to Millwood School.
- Always showing respect for people and property.
- Being responsible.
- Using good manners, being kind, courteous and considerate of others.