OUR MISSIONThe mission of our school is dedicated to the growth of each student in a supportive environment that challenges the intellect, develops the body, and fosters moral values.
OUR VISIONMillwood School produces accomplished, well-rounded, and resourceful graduates, who measure up to their potential, lead principled lives, and strive to make the world a better place.
OUR PHILOSOPHYMillwood believes that each child is unique and that no two children learn in exactly the same way.
- A sustained commitment to academic excellence
- Small classes and instruction tailored to the needs of each child
- Great teaching
- A richly textured curriculum that includes foreign languages, technology, art, music
- Building a genuine sense of community among Millwood parents, students, and faculty
- Encouraging the exploratory spirit that leads to successful creativity and a lifelong love of learning
- Preparing students to speak confidently in front of groups
- Open and responsive communication with families
- Frequent opportunities for students to develop leadership skills
- Our sports teams are available to every eligible student who wishes to join and students benefit from the personal growth that comes from healthy athletic endeavors.
- Providing dedicated faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees
- The Millwood Big Ten is the code we use to practice values every day, thus shaping people of character by upholding high standards of honesty, integrity, and mutual respect.
- Admitting and serving students of any race, religion, and national origin
- Providing a healthy environment while promoting environmental sustainability education and practices
THE “BIG TEN” — MILLWOOD STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT
- Striving for excellence in scholarship, leadership, and sportsmanship.
- Taking pride in my personal appearance and following the dress code.
- Striving for acceptable, healthful, and positive behaviors.
- Listening while others speak.
- Taking pride in Millwood School.
- Doing my best to bring honor to Millwood School.
- Always showing respect for people and property.
- Being responsible.
- Using good manners, being kind and courteous and considerate of other